Oriental Maple Soup
1 C. tablespoon olive oil
1 C. sesame oil
1 C. chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, minced
1 cup of coffee mushrooms
1 cup of peas
1 cup carrot, minced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
4 cups of chicken broth
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. tablespoon soy sauce
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 C. Mc Duff Doux brown sugar vinegar
1 C. Mc Duff Original brown sugar vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 C. at. dried coriander tea
1/2 lb tofu in strands
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1) In a saucepan, heat the oils over medium heat and brown the ginger with the garlic and onion.
2) Add the vegetables and cook 3 to 4 over low heat.
3) Add the broth and bring to a boil.
4) Mix the beaten egg with the soy sauce, tomato paste, Mc Duff brown sugar vinegar, maple syrup and coriander. Add this mixture to the hot broth while stirring.
5) Add the tofu and adjust the seasoning.
Enjoy your meal!
Thanks to Stephanie Descart from Montreal
(Adapted from www.erableduquebec.com )