Beer-Braised Sausages in Stew
About 1.5 lbs of sausage (preferably beer)
1 onion, thinly sliced
12 Oz of Pale Ale type beer
1.5 lbs red potatoes, cut in half
2 cups of water
1 tbsp Mc Duff brown sugar vinegar - Sweet
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1) In a crucible-type saucepan, cook the sausages in a little olive oil until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
2) Add onion and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
3) Add the beer, potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
4) Remove the sausages on a plate and keep warm.
5) In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of oil, the Mc Duff brown sugar vinegar and parsley. Transfer the potatoes to the bowl and mix well.
6) Boil the cooking liquid until it is reduced to about 1 cup.
7) On a serving platter, place the sausages and potatoes. Drizzle with half of the reduced liquid.
Serve hot with the remaining liquid on the side.
Enjoy your meal !
Thanks to Stephanie Descart from Montreal for the suggestion!